UTI IN 6 MONTH MALE CHILD
6 month old presented with high fever.
No respiratory symptoms.
Good stream of urine, doesn't cry while passing urine.
H/o Similar episode of fever one month back, subsided with antibiotics, no urine analysis was done.
Urine analysis showed 15-20 pus cells/HPF.
Urine culture showed Ecoli >1,00,000, sensitive to most antibiotics.
Blood Tests not done.
Ultrasound Abdomen: Both kidneys normal, No dilatation of Ureter, Bladder wall thickness 5mm, Cystitis+, Posterior urethra normal.
1. Should we circumcise only after culture negative?
2. Should we do a VCUG at the time of circumcision?
3. Role of antibiotic prophylaxis?
4. Should we get a DMSA done?
5. Should we get renal function tests done?